The annual Royal Palm DanceSport Winter Frolic Competition Extravaganza is sponsored by USA Dance, Inc., Royal Palm Chapter #6016. USA Dance, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
About USA Dance and its Royal Palm Chapter # 6016
USA Dance, Inc. is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting ballroom dancing as a healthy recreational activity and as a competitive sport known as DanceSport. USA Dance, Inc. is the national governing body for all-amateur DanceSport competitions in the United States. It is affiliated with similar organizations that govern all-amateur DanceSport competitions in most other countries around the world.
As the representative organization for all-amateur social, recreational, and competitive Ballroom, Latin, Smooth, and Rhythm dancers in America, USA Dance and its approximately 160 local Chapters throughout the Unites States hold both social dances and competitive DanceSport events throughout the United States, culminating in the USA National Amateur Ballroom Championships each year. The winners at the annual National Amateur Ballroom Championships represent the United States at annual World DanceSport Championships held under the auspices of an international organization affiliated with USA Dance.
USA Dance publishes an officiaL DanceSport Rulebook, which governs most all-amateur DanceSport competitions in the USA, and includes an official list of approved syllabus figures for each dance in all styles of dancing (International Standard, International Latin, American Smooth, and American Rhythm) in such all-amateur competitions. For more information on these syllabus figures, see our Resources Pages on the Official USA Dance Syllabus – for All Styles & All Dances.
Royal Palm Chapter # 6016. USA Dance has approximately 160 Chapters throughout the United States, one of which is the Royal Palm Chapter # 6016, in South Florida. There are more Chapters of USA Dance in Florida than in any other State in the United States, indicating that Florida is one of the most active locations for ballroom dancing in the USA.
The top 10 States* for Amateur Ballroom Dancing in the United States, in terms of the number of Local Chapters of USA Dance currently located in each state, are as follows:
- Florida – 20 Chapters
- North Carolina – 13 Chapters
- Virginia – 9 Chapters
- California* – 8 Chapters
- New York* – 8 Chapters
- Pennsylvania* – 7 Chapters
- Texas* – 7 Chapters
- Georgia* – 5 Chapters
- Ohio* – 5 Chapters
- Washington* – 5 Chapters
* States that have the same number of Chapters are listed above in alphabetical order.
For a list of all Local Chapters of USA Dance within the United States, see Find a Local Chapter on the USA Dance national website.
Read more about the USA Dance, Royal Palm Chapter # 6016, and its Officers, Directors, and activities on its website:
……………………………………………………………………………………………… Back to Top…
Competition Organizer & EventNow in its 14th year, the annual Royal Palm DanceSport Competition – “Winter Frolic” sponsored by USA Dance, Royal Palm Chapter, is one of the most highly regarded all-amateur dancesport competitions in Florida and in the United States.
Patti MacDonald, President and Director of the USA Dance Royal Palm Chapter, and Les MacDonald, Director of the USA Dance Royal Palm Chapter, have developed and organized this annual Competition, as we know it today. Every year for the past ten years, Patti MacDonald has served as Organizer of this highly successful, well run, and well-attended all-amateur event.Amateur DanceSport athletes of all ages from Florida and throughout the U.S., Canada and other countries compete in the annual USA Dance Royal Palm Chapter DanceSport Competition, which is held every year at the spectacular Goldcoast Ballroom in sunny South Florida. Goldcoast Ballroom boasts a fantastic floating oak dance floor that measures larger than the regulation 40 X 60 competition size.
The Competition is Open to the World. We welcome amateur couples from all countries! Competitors must be members of USA Dance, Inc. or any affiliated or similar organization for amateur dancers in another country.
At the Competition, all-Amateur competitors compete in International Standard and Latin, American Smooth and Rhythm, as well as Hustle, West Coast Swing, Argentine Tango, and Theater Arts.
Every year we welcome many Spectators who love ballroom dance. Everyone is welcome to come and watch, and cheer for your favorite couples. Information on Spectator Tickets is provided under the Event tab above.
USA Dance, Royal Palm Chapter held its very successful 13th Annual DanceSport Competition at Goldcoast Ballroom on January 30, 2016. This was our biggest and one of our Best Competitions so far. A total of 112 Competitors participated! And, they were cheered on by a record number of Spectators!
Mark your Calendars for January 28, 2017 – when the 14th Annual Royal Palm DanceSport Competition – “Winter Frolic” – will again take place at Goldcoast Ballroom!
All USA Dance Athlete members, as well as members of any affiliated or similar organization for amateur dancers in another country, are invited to participate in the competition, and EVERYONE is welcome to come as a spectator! Come dance and WIN PRIZES, or cheer for your favorite couple(s)!
For those residing in the U.S., if you would like to compete and are not a member of USA dance, it is easy to join. See below.
For more information about the USA Dance, Royal Palm Chapter and its Officers, Directors and activities, see the USA Dance, Royal Palm Chapter website.
……………………………………………………………………………………………… Back to Top…
Join USA Dance, Inc.
To compete in the Royal Palm DanceSport Competition, you and your partner must both be amateur dancers (not professional), and (except for “Newcomers”) each of you must be an Adult or Student Athlete Member of USA Dance, Inc. or any affiliated or similar organization for amateur dancers in another country.
Those who are new to dance and dance only in “Newcomer Events,” may be Social Adult Dancer, Social Youth Dancer, or Ballroom Dancer members of USA Dance or any affiliated or similar organization in another country.
If you are a U.S. resident, you can easily join or upgrade your membership in USA Dance online, at www.usadance.org/membership – or Click on the USA Dance Logo above right.
Becoming a member is easy, and can be accomplished in a few minutes. If you live in South Florida, select the Royal Palm Chapter as your local Chapter when you join. The benefits and small fees for membership are explained on the USA Dance, Inc. website.
Join USA Dance today, and start taking advantage of the many benefits of membership. If you are in South Florida, remember to Select the Royal Palm Chapter as your local Chapter when you join.
Click below to:
You can join as an Adult Social Dancer for only $35 per year, as a Youth Social Dancer for only $10 per year, as an Adult Athlete (Competitor) for $70 per year, as a Student Athlete (Competitor, ages 19 to 34) for $25 per year, or as a Minor Athlete (Competitor, below age 19). Other categories of membership are also available. Read more, and join on the USA Dance, Inc. national website.
Some of the benefits of membership in USA Dance, as summarized on the national website, include:
- Discounts on Admissions to USA Dance Events nationwide. “Attend our fabulous chapter dances anywhere in the country and pay the lower admission prices applicable to members. Each dance usually starts with a one-hour dance lesson, followed by several hours of general dancing. The typical program includes mixers, line dances, and dance demonstrations.”
In South Florida, membership in the USA Dance Royal Palm Chapter # 6016, among other benefits, entitles you to attend our monthly social dances at Goldcoast Ballroom at a discount, with the December dance being free to our membership. The total discount per year from the Royal Palm Chapter alone equals or exceeds the merely $35.00 of annual dues you pay as an Adult Social Dancer member of USA Dance, Inc.
- The Ability to Compete in All-Amateur DanceSport Competitions Held by USA Dance Chapters throughout the United States. Adult Athlete and Student Athlete members of USA Dance can qualify to participate in the many all-amateur DanceSport competitions that are sponsored by USA Dance, Inc. and many of its approximately 160 local chapters throughout the United States throughout each year, and potentially may qualify to participate in the annual USA Dance National DanceSport Championships. United States National titles and the opportunity to represent the United States at the World Championships are awarded at the annual USA Dance National DanceSport Championships. A list of upcoming USA Dance DanceSport competitions can be found on the national website of USA Dance.
- Dance Information. “All members receive a subscription to our exciting bimonthly magazine, American Dancer. You will also receive Chapter Newsletters covering local ballroom dance news, including information on places to dance.”
- Enjoy the wonderful physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom dance. “Membership funds the majority of our organization’s efforts and provides many benefits to dancers throughout the United States. One of the greatest benefits of membership in USA Dance is simply being an active participant in and supporter of this dynamic and effective leader, promoter and supporter of ballroom dancing. Many members say that attending USA Dance events and association with the friends they make at those events quickly becomes a significant and very pleasurable part of their life. This applies regardless of age or whether the member is a Social Dancer, DanceSport Athlete, Student, or Junior dancer. Dancers who love to travel enjoy the instant social life they find while on vacation.”
- Better Health and Increased Longevity. See the many research papers in our Resources section on Dancing for Good Health and Longevity. It has been scientifically proved that dancing is one of the best exercises you can do. It helps prevent many diseases, staves off Alzheimer’s, and actually slows the aging of your bones, muscles, and brain.
……………………………………………………………………………………………… Back to Top…