When Are Costumes Permitted or Required for the Competition?
- Costumes are not permitted for the following events:
- Newcomer: Newcomer men should wear dark dress pants, plain shirt and tie, or tuxedo. Newcomer ladies should wear party dresses without excessive adornment.
- Youth: All proficiency levels. Boys should wear dark pants, white shirt, and optional tie. Girls should wear leotards and wrap-around skirts or party dresses with no rhinestones.
- Youth: Pre-Champ and Championship
- Adult & Senior: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Novice events
- Adult & Senior: Pre-Champ and Championship
Dress Code for Competitors When Costumes are Required
When costumes are required, they must comply with the official USA Dance Dress Regulations for the category, age group, and style of dance in each event.
The official USA Dance Dress Regulations are found in the Official USA Dance Inc. DanceSport Rulebook, found on the USA Dance, Inc. website.
The Competitors Dress Regulations are found in Section 3.11 of the USA Dance Inc. DanceSport Rulebook, and include sketches and illustrations of appropriate dress for each category of dance and age of the competitor.
Following are some of the illustrations found in the USA Dance Dress Regulations. These are subject to the rules stated in the Rulebook. Please consult the Official USA Dance Inc. DanceSport Rulebook for the complete Competitors Dress Regulations.
If you have further questions regarding dress/ costumes for the Royal Palm DanceSport Competition, contact Patti MacDonald, Competition Chair, at 561-200-9410 or Organizer@RoyalPalmDanceSport.org. For general questions about interpreting the USA Dance Dress Regulations found in the USA Dance DanceSport Rulebook, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
…………………………………………………………….. Back to Top…